Sunday, April 5, 2015

I need what?

In addition to the previous list, we also need a propane tank to power the burner.  And... of course... we need the kit!  I'm talking about the extract brewing kit.  There are two routes you may choose from when home brewing:  All grain brewing or extract brewing.  Extract brewing costs less for equipment (as is it wasn't enough already) and it a lot easier to start with.  So, that is what I chose.  I plan on getting into the all grain brewing method later, but lets start off a bit easier.  With that in mind, though, I tried to choose good quality equipment that will be useable for all grain brewing later.  For example, the 8 gallon Tall Boy kettle.  Good stuff!

I chose the Caribou Slobber Brown extract kit.  YUM!  We also get a choice of yeast: I went with Danstar Windsor Ale Yeast.    I chose Fermenters Favorites Fizz Drops for bottling.  We will talk about this on bottling day, in approximate ONE MONTH.  OH...   I can't wait!

Hey what about the bottles!?  Yup, you are correct.  We definitely need bottles.  I will be going with the one liter flippy top (Grolsch style) bottles.  I have not purchased them yet, but they will be on their way in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment