Sunday, April 5, 2015

Today is the day!

(EDIT:  This ended up NOT being the day...  I realized I only had cleaner and not the SANITIZER.  Very important.  Then the nut for attaching the propane burner broke when attaching to the propane tank.  UGH!!  Two bad days of luck in a row... I ended up waiting until the next Saturday)

Today is the day.  I am going to attempt my first batch today... oh... I am very excited!  I have wanted to do this for quite some time, and now I have it all.  I have all the necessities.  Well, maybe even more than the minimum required.  But, I believe that if you're going to do something, do it right! 

So...  Where do you get all the goods?  In my case, I chose to go with Northern Brewer.  Awesome!  I love these guys.  I purchased everything from them in two 'batches', except for the propane gas for the burner.  Here is a list:

  • Big Mouth Bubbler EVO 2.   Quantity 2.  6.5 gallon carboys with a BIG MOUTH.
  • Bubble Air Lock.  Quantity 2.  One for each of the bubbler carboys.
  • 6.5 gallon bottling bucket.  Drilled (for the spigot).
  • Bottling Spigot for bucket.
  • Lid for bucket.  I plan on keeping supplies in here when not in use, so I'd like to cover it.
  • Auto siphon / racking cane.  1/2".  This will be used to transfer from primary to secondary fermenting carboys.
  • 1/2" ID siphon hose.  To use with the siphon.
  • Spring tip bottle filler.
  • Carboy dryer.  Just a plastic piece to hold the carboys upside down to dry.
  • Fermometer.  Quantity 2.  Adhesive thermometer to stick on outside of each carboys.
  • One Step cleaner.  For cleaning everything!!!
  • 24" Boil-Proof plastic spoon.
  • Beer bottle brush.
  • Big Mouth Harness.  For carrying the carboys around.
  • Stainless steel Immersion wort chiller with garden hose attachments.  Will explain later.
  • Tall Boy 8 gallon kettle.
  • The Dark Star propane burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment